Welding Helmets are more important than many welders realize!
* If your helmet is hindering your welding, you may want to get a different one:
1) Hood keeps dropping before you're ready.
2) Lens area is too small to see your work area.
3) Hood won't stay tight enough to stay on your head.
4) Eyes hurt due to older helmets where auto-darkening is too slow.
* You need not get expensive welding helmets for them to work fine for you. Prices range from about $20 to
* But there's more to consider than just the cost:
1) Lens type best for you.
2) Shade number (10 or darker?) (higher number for
high amperage settings).
3) Safety: Older auto-darkening helmets may change
too slow and fatigue your eyes. (get 2003 or newer)
help to make welding fun
or maybe a pain in the butt!
Basic flipup welding
helmet. About $20
Regular large lens flipup type
helmet. You see the work area
MUCH better. Good for bifocals.
BUY my Ebook,
"The Arc and Beyond"
ALL subjects discussed
on this website are
covered in MUCH more
detail in my Ebook!